funsec mailing list archives

Re: Free online courses from MIT.edu

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:08:18 -0500

On Dec 20, 2007 2:57 PM, B.K. DeLong <bkdelong () pobox com> wrote:
I was but one member of the team - but it's basically all MIT's
courses for free online. Pretty cool stuff - great for home schoolers,
inspired high schoolers, self learners etc. Only thing missing is a
lot of the readings. A HUGE component of the project was rights
management - in order to fully license everything under Creative
Commons, we had to severely limit the readings we could directly make
available and spent a lot of resources recreating photos and diagrams
from scratch.

Ja, even if its not complete this is still awesome. Its been around
since 2003 (IIRC), but I just forgot about it until I came across an
article again today.

I would like to echo Brian's thanks as well!

-JP