funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Fuck Bush

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:22:36 -0500

On Dec 20, 2007 5:50 PM, Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com> wrote:

On Dec 20, 2007 4:44 PM, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

Keyes isn't listed either - and he's probably my favorite, now that he's
joined.

I will have to check him out, as this is the first I have heard of him..

-JP

You won't like him. Well, maybe you will. While he states as fact that he's
the most conservative Republican candidate in the race, which he is, that
makes him pretty libertarian. Think Ron Paul + religion - conspiracy
theories - POSSIBLE white trash ties - POSSIBLE antisemite.

BUT, if you can find video of the debate he was in - I believe in SC - where
he argued why the states should KEEP their confederate flags...wow,
inspiring.

Well, I instantly don't like anyone who believes that humans are
"special" and have a omnipotent and omniscient deity who cares about
what whether I shit or get off the pot (see douglas adams), but I will
still give it a try..

You gotta admit, from a science standpoint, the following would be a good thing:

a.) Will work to "Restore scientific integrity by supporting the
independent work of government scientists, promoting innovation and
medical research, and by returning to evidence-based decision making."

b.) Ban "political appointees from altering or removing scientific
conclusions in government publications without any legitimate basis
for doing so."

c.) Prohibit "unwarranted suppression of public statements by
government scientists."

<removed>

e.) Restore "the science advisor's direct access to the President."

f.) Re-establish the Office of Technology Assessment.

g.) Strengthen "whistle blower protections for those who disclose
potential instances of political interference with science."

h.) Direct "department and agency heads to safeguard against political
pressure that threatens scientific integrity and to promote
transparency in decision making."

The person saying them may be a douchebag and a liar, but they are good ideas..

-JP