funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Fuck Bush

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:44:00 -0600 (CST)

Do I need to kick you both out?

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007, Brian Loe wrote:

On Dec 19, 2007 5:09 PM, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

"As reported by Science magazine, Congress has cut science funding
increases for fiscal year 2008. This comes in spite of the earlier
announced presidential initiative to increase funding for basic
research to improve the future economic competitiveness of the United
States. At best, funding increases are minor for some agencies such as
NIH and NIST. Other agencies received severe cutbacks, like the
Department of Energy Office of Science, which received $342 million
less than expected. In particular, despite previous international
commitments, funding for the ITER fusion reactor experiment is
completely cut off. The NOVA neutrino oscillation experiment at
Fermilab is also canceled, as well as R&D on the planned International
Linear Collider. The Fermilab operating budget is cut by almost 20%,
and may result in mass layoffs."

Brian: Would you still vote for him again (if given the option)?

Because you have a reading dificulty I'll spell this out real slow:

I have never voted for a Bush, not this and not the last one.

As this piece states in the very first sentence of your quoted text and as
required by the law of the land, the Constitution of the United States,
CONGRESS is in charge of all budgets. The President, since I can't remember
when, only offers a "suggested" budget. Since this President has been in
office Congress has yet to pass his budget, preferring instead to pass
LARGER budgets. With a democratic congress in office I would expect the
budgets to be even LARGER with more LARGESS for the false victims of the
world.

Oh, and this specific piece of legislation was passed by your favorite
liberals - as they control Congress these days.

So, wold you still vote for them again (if given the option)?

And where the hell is Gadi - privacy list was no less regarded so far as
politics was concerned according to my last "political" post.