funsec mailing list archives

RE: Kaspersky strikes again

From: "Alex Eckelberry" <AlexE () sunbelt-software com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 15:46:37 -0500

Virtual PCs are not necessarily all that useful for testing malware.
And one of your bigger challenges is in creating an adequate whitelist
to test against FPs.  You're talking at least 20 terrabytes of whitelist
data -- think of all the different versions of Office, all the drivers,
etc.  It's not a small undertaking.

Alex