funsec mailing list archives

Re: cc: "too beautiful not to share"

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:25:08 -0500

On 10/10/07, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
Ever been told that if you have nothing nice to say then shut the fuck up?

Yes, usually by American Liberals like you. But, obviously, I don't pay
any heed.

Really? My grandmother taught me, "if you have nothing nice to say
about someone you shouldn't say anything at all." It was good advice
then, its good advice now.

You say more about yourself when you attack a person than you do the
person you are attacking.

Its not speech at all, its an emotional outburst of noise - to be
expected from children and frowned upon by adults.

It's the expression of an opinion. If you don't like it, tough.

For those without the intellect to actually SAY something and are
forced to "express" it the best way they know how. Did I say it is
low-class?

I was once sitting in the front row while a politician gave a speech.
Every time he said something I disagreed with, I shook my head.
Eventually, he asked me what it was I disagreed with, so I told him.

Good. That was respectful. Maybe even helpful. Has absolutely nothing
to do with what I was talking about but..hey, always happy to hear
your old war stories.

There may be additional differences between you and me. If someone says
something really stupid, I'm likely to tell them so. From what you say,
you're too polite to disagree with anyone,

Check again - I disagree with virtually everyone. Sometimes for fun. I
don't "boo" though. I don't "yell down" a speaker. I don't act
"low-class".

as demonstrated by you
frequently in this list. "Shut the fuck up" is a phrase you've used
recently.

Are you really n3td3v?

I didn't tell anyone to "shut the fuck up"...read it again...

knows, I might change my opinion. I would also prefer to leave the
area of someone with whom I disagree with or dislike rather than make
a scene, and thereby an ass of myself.

 ... except on this list, of course.

How would I tell I've made an ass of myself here?!!