funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Senate Dems Reportedly Agree To Immunize Spying Telecoms

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:39:35 -0500

On 10/18/07, Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de> wrote:

The President is not the Republican party, and vice versa.  And it
really seems that the Repulicans have more bargaining points than just a
potential presidential veto.  Which is odd.

The Dems are looking at another bad election, IMO, and a serious race for
the President's spot. Besides which, the Dems have no answers for any of the
problems their constituents care about - other than raising taxes, which
their constituents HATE. They also don't want to "appear" weak on security -
which was this is really about...

This stuff doesn't help: :)

*NOW .. HOW ABOUT A LITTLE QUIZ?*

A little history lesson: If you don't know the answer make your best guess.
Answer all the questions before looking at the answers. Who said it?

*1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
*

A. Karl Marx
B. Adolph Hitler
C. Joseph Stalin
D. None of the above

*2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by
the few, and for the few...and to replace it with shared responsibility for
shared prosperity." *

A. Lenin
B. Mussolini
C. Idi Amin
D. None of the Above

*3) "(We)...can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something
has to be taken away from some people."*

A. Nikita Khrushchev
B. Jose f Goebbels
C. Boris Yeltsin
D. None of the above

*4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give
up a little bit of their own...in order to create this common ground." *

A. Mao Tse Dung
B. Hugo Chavez
C. Kim Jong Il
D. None of the above

*5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."*

A. Karl Marx
B. Lenin
C. Molotov
D. None of the above

*6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most
profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."*

A. Pinochet
B. Milosevic
C. Saddam Hussein
D. None of the above

*Answers:*

(1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004
(2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007
(3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid!
http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html