funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Senate Dems Reportedly Agree To Immunize Spying Telecoms

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:47:53 -0400

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:38:12 +0200, Florian Weimer said:

Why do the Democrats need "deals" to pass laws?  I think they won the
last election.

You're from Germany, I wouldn't expect you to understand how a minority in both
houses of the legislative branch and a President with a 24% approval rating can
still be in charge of things. :)

Actually, I think what's needed is to send all the majority-party legislators
some testicle fertilizer, because they really need to collectively grow a pair.