funsec mailing list archives

Re: R: R: Yup, works for us too!

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 23:34:29 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, Remo Cornali wrote:

Why is swearing bad?
And I don't mean insulting someone or inapropriately cussing,
I mean adding colour to life.

IANAS. (I Am Not A Sociologist)
By common convention, I suppose. Swearing 'n cussing often border on
vulgarity
and blasphemy, and I don't think you would ask me why blasphemy is bad.
OT ALARM!!

I am offended by the statement that "blasphemy is bad".

Some people get offended, and I respect that, but if I can't
swear, my mind isn't as free in thinking outside of the box.

I am offended by your use of the phrase "respect that".