funsec mailing list archives

Re: too beautiful not to share

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:27:32 -0500

On 10/4/07, Alex Eckelberry <AlexE () sunbelt-software com> wrote:
I have to admit, there's a lot out of context there.  By 2001, Saddam
was crippled, he hated Al-Qaeda, evidence was very weak (if not,
nonexistent) that he was trying to acquire nuclear technology... etc.

Alex

First:
http://www.floppingaces.net/2007/02/11/no-evidence-of-a-saddam-osama/

Second, I'm saving the rebuttal I was going to send with all of the !s
and stuff, whats the point? Your argument that Saddam was crippled can
not stand because the last thing anyone should want, let alone a
country, is a desperate and wealthy enemy. The fact that he hated
Al-Qaeda, or that the hatred was mutual even, hardly detracts from
their known, stated and oft cited philosophy that any means justifies
their ends. They had used one another in the past and we had - and
have - no reason to believe they wouldn't again (and that was
especially true after invading Afghanistan).

As for WMDs, well, I don't have restate everything provided in the
link I've provided - its a worn out argument. Bush 1 thought it,
Clinton thought it, Bush 2 thought it and then did something about it.