funsec mailing list archives

Re: epilepsy PAWNED

From: mark seiden-via mac <mis () seiden com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:12:51 +0100

not that farfetched even now:

i have a friend whose hearing aid had a cold solder joint that was
doing diode detection on a christian
AM radio station (in berkeley, even)...

On Mar 29, 2008, at 7:47 PM, Imri Goldberg wrote:

This reminds me of that pace-maker exploit.
If we take it a bit farther along the path Gadi thought out, you'll
get
even more interesting\disturbing results.

Consider various ocular implants in the (not so far) future,
exploited.
Or hearing aids.
"The voices told me to pass the money to this account".

Imri
-------------------------
Imri Goldberg
www.algorithm.co.il/blogs
www.imri.co.il
-------------------------
Insert Signature Here

Randall Mueller wrote:
Internet griefers descended on an epilepsy support message board
last weekend
and used JavaScript code and flashing computer animation to trigger
migraine
headaches and seizures in some users.

More:
http://www.wired.com/politics/security/news/2008/03/epilepsy