funsec mailing list archives

Fido

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:57:09 +0000 (GMT)

I was a fido, node 44/25, I think. I remember how impressed I was when I
met Paul at a conference, he was one of the Fido Main Men at the time, and
I was just a node. I think it was a Lefconference.

I don't think I ever participated in the Fido virus discussions. Indeed,
at that time (late 1980s), there were very few people that one could have
a sensible discussion with about viruses. Most people, at that time,
completely confused viruses with trojans. And the concept of a BSV was
completely unknown to most people (at the time, BSVs were the majority of
infections).