funsec mailing list archives

Re: TrendMicro goes Douchebag

From: "Dennis Henderson" <hendomatic () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:32:52 -0600

On Jan 31, 2008 5:12 AM, Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:

I'm not defending the patent and I don't remember everything from when
they talked about it to me, but I do believe it was important to the
patent that it operated as a proxy. Perhaps MIMESweeper didn't work as a
proxy?

I'm pretty sure ALL mail servers are technically application proxies as they
store and forward using queues.

Now Trend's IMSS does have a streaming proxy function for ftp and pop but I
see the smtp part as a regular email server. It has delivery queues just
like any other server.

Dennis