funsec mailing list archives

Re: Completely insane Myspace blackmail story

From: "Discini, Sonny" <Sonny.Discini () montgomerycountymd gov>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:41:10 -0500

It then ends with the hackers ISP handing over his home address to the
guy above leading to a tear soaked conclusion.

http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and-alerts/415365-my-girlfriend-being-
blackmailed-via-yahoo.html

Pg"

Ahhhhh yes, the good ole' street level grease job trumps all. Got to
love it when 50 lei ($20 US) gets you the home address of one of their
customers.

SNIP

As for the ISPs i had to admit i didn`t call them for the info, I went
over to their HQ, bribed the operator 50 bucks and got my info in 2 mins
(the ISP is a small local company)

SNIP

Sonny Discini, Senior Network Security Engineer
Department of Technology Services
Enterprise Infrastructure Division
Montgomery County Government