funsec mailing list archives

Re: Completely insane Myspace blackmail story

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:25:15 -0800

I read the thread after you posted the link. I smell hoax, but I want to
believe.

                                        Ryan

Paperghost wrote:
"Hi, about 4 hours ago my girlfriend called me saying there was an idiot that took over her Yahoo! Messenger ID and
MySpace profile.
[snip]

Now maybe the funniest (or scaryest) thing in this whole thing is that the son of a ... asks for naked pictures with
her in exchange for her accounts back. I gave my girlfriend some photoshoped pics to send him but he immediately knew
they were fake ( I`m not very good at editing a picture in photoshop REALLY that fast)...he said he would post upload
the pictures tommorow and swear at her friends if he doesen`t get his pictures."

...yes, this really does begin with him attempting to solve the problem by sending the hacker photoshopped nudie pics
of his girlfriend.

It then ends with the hackers ISP handing over his home address to the guy above leading to a tear soaked conclusion.

http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and-alerts/415365-my-girlfriend-being-blackmailed-via-yahoo.html

Pg