funsec mailing list archives

Re: U.S. Army: Wikis Too Risky

From: "Joel R. Helgeson" <joel () helgeson com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:57:13 -0600

You dismiss the military all too quickly. It is the fomentation of sixth
generation warfare that is countering these insurgen groups online. One
military commander needs to oversee one AO (area of operations). These
warriors fight using real bullets with real consequences.  There is an
entire shift taking place throughout the entire military-industrial complex
to embrace 4th-5th-and 6th gen war.  Oh yes, we are good at it, far better
than they are.  Only our networks are classified operations that the enemy
can't see, whereas we can read their blogs with impunity.

You cannot imagine what all the military is doing. Oh yes, they've caught on
quick.

For more on 4th-Nth generation warfare, check out TDAXP blog.

Joel