funsec mailing list archives

Re: Yet Another Emerging Web 2.0 Security Threat: Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR)

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 06:07:10 +0000 (UTC)

: Bridging the gap between desktop and Web applications, Adobe Systems is
: set to ship today its AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime) 1.0 technology for
: melding applications from both of these realms. Formerly known by its
: code name Apollo, the free technology already is being used in
: applications at places such as NASDAQ and AOL.
:
: AIR is a desktop runtime that allows Web applications to be run on the
: desktop in a disconnected fashion, said Michele Turner, vice president
: of the Adobe platform business unit. "We really believe the innovation
: in technology today is... on the Web and that the desktop has stagnated
: over the last couple of years," she said.
:
: More:
: http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/24/adobe-air_1.html
:
: See also:
: http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/25/air-list_1.html
:
: Somehow, I think this is going to make a lot of people's lives a lot
: more interesting.

41474   2007-07-03      Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR, aka Apollo) .air File Handling XSS
41473   2007-07-03      Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR, aka Apollo) .air File Handling Arbitrary File Modification

Emerging? AIR lost it's virginity a while back.