funsec mailing list archives

Re: Yet Another Emerging Web 2.0 Security Threat: Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR)

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:21:14 -0500

In your test case, how would an external attacker supply the XSS code to an
insecure AIR application?  Would they have to be at the keyboard or is there
another way in?

Have you also looked at how Outlook and Outlook Express deal with attached
AIR files?  I'm wondering how likely it will be that we see email malware
that is distributed as attached AIR files.

Richard