funsec mailing list archives

Re: Cyberattack from the Pakistani government?

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:36:55 -0800 (PST)

Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:57:11 -0800
From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
To: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: Re: [funsec] Cyberattack from the Pakistani government?

Date sent:            Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:27:32 +0000 (GMT)
From:                 Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>

That is -- responsibility for the "attack" does not rest with the
Pakistani government, but with some moron at Pakistan Telecom (or
who/whereever it was).

The brothers Basit and Amjads

It took a real BRAIN to remember that one ...

Whoosht!  (Over MY head)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
... you start off with a typical message, let's say a 2.5MB Word
document containing three lines of text and a macro virus ...
                                                     - Peter Gutmann
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 9B1
San Jose, CA 95134

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision."