funsec mailing list archives

Unnatural airport environment ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 09:34:45 -0800

I find this extremely suspicious.  It sounds too reasonable ...

CBS News – "A new airport security system, designed to better identify a terrorist
or a suspicious traveler by reducing anxiety levels of passengers, was introduced
Monday at Baltimore’s Thurgood Marshall International airport. The security
checkpoint combines new high-tech x-ray machines with calming lights and
soothing music. The system is aimed at reducing the stress of passengers as they
shove carry-ons through airport metal detectors while trying to balance
themselves as they remove their shoes and dig for their boarding pass. The
Homeland Security Secretary said that by lowering the stress level for everybody
with a more soothing environment, it is hoped that someone who is up to no good
will stand out more. The system is expected to be installed at airports across the
country in future."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/29/cbsnews_investigates/main4053175.sh
tml

or

http://tinyurl.com/6znc4h

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
                  I would like to take you seriously,
             but to do so would insult your intelligence.
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm