funsec mailing list archives

Another stupid article about the harmful effects of Wi-Fi

From: Colin Keigher <colin () afreak ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:27:10 -0700

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=cb0376e5-ea75-4b84-ae73-53fea7bd656e

    Kerrisdale computer consultant Carl Katz doesn't want his two
    children bathed in a sea of radiation all day from wireless
    technology at their school.

    Katz and the Parents for Safe Computing this week presented a
    petition signed by

    80 parents troubled by the health effects of Wi-Fi (wireless
    fidelity) on their children to the Conseil Scolaire Francophone, the
    public French school board that oversees 40 schools in B.C.

    "I've done very exhaustive research and looked at the international
    studies on wireless technology and I can tell you that Health Canada
    is about 15 years behind the research in warning parents and the
    public," said Katz, 47.

I went and looked up this idiot's business and found that he was located
conveniently in the downtown core:
http://katznetworkscom.nationprotect.net/page_000.html

He better run because the last time I went wardriving down there I found
almost a thousand networks!

- Colin