funsec mailing list archives

Ex-Justice official on terror watch list, which ACLU claims is now 1M names

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:37:10 +0300 (EEST)

"The government's terrorism watch list consists of somewhere between 400,000 names (FBI) and 1 million (ACLU). As of
October 2006, more than 30,000 airline passengers had asked that their names be taken off.

One of them: the former head of the Justice Department's criminal division during the Clinton administration who has
top-secret security clearances.

"It's a pain in the neck, and significantly interferes with my travel arrangements," said James K. Robinson, the
assistant attorney general who was the top criminal prosecutor. "I suppose if I were convinced that America is a safer
place because I get hassled at the airport, I might put up with it, but I doubt it.""
--clip--

More at
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/07/ex-justice-offi.html

pointing to ACLU Watch List counter at