funsec mailing list archives

Re: The right to bear arms & make salad

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () computerbytesman com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:20:20 -0500

Actually the U.S. government has been involved in car safety standards for
30+ years.  During this time, automobile death rates have dropped
substantially.

U.S. government anti-smoking campaigns have also dropped smoking rates and
smoking-related deaths substantially.  Imagine flying on an airplane
nowadays if smoking was still allowed.

As far as fat people go, is your proposal that we stop eating? ;-)

Richard