funsec mailing list archives

Re: The right to arm bears & make verbiage

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:17:23 -0800

Date sent:              Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:21:13 -0700
From:                   "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>

We
had a revolution 232 years ago

"The peasants are revolting!"
"*Tell* me about it ..."

to establish supremacy of the people,
instead of the crown.

Almost got it right, too ...

We are pretty unique in the fundamental concept of
our government: that the power is delegated from the people to the
government, and those powers not explicitly delegated are reserved to
the states, and if not delegated by the people of the state, to the
people, as opposed to all powers vested in the state (or crown) and
privileges granted to the people.

This simple premise ensures the enrichment of all who hold law degrees.

The fact that a tyranny would face armed opposition is probably one of
the main reasons one hasn't arisen in the US, whereas European countries
have each had several in the same period of time that our Constitutional
Republic has been around.

It's worked very well in Afghanistand and Somolia.

Our megalomaniacs start companies, since being
killed by the hoi-polloi is less likely there.

Economic degradation and destruction confuses the issue and provides fewer
obvious targets.

The US is different, we like it that way.

Chacun a son gout.

I emigrated here @ 17 from
Ireland and joined the U.S. Army because I believed, and still do, that
freedom is not the right to be right, but the right to be wrong.

That explains much.

Now if only the Witanagemot club would hold more sway among the
Saxons.

Tyranically so, preferably.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of
 tapes.                    - Dr. Warren Jackson, Director, UTCS
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm