funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sweet Irony: Metasploit Creator a Victim of His Own Creat ion

From: robert_mcmillan () idg com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:22:48 -0700

One problem, he really did say "I got owned."

It was a joke and I didn't put it in the right context in the article, so
yeah I was wrong. But I would never have led with that line if he hadn't
said it.

I just figured that it would be obvious that it was AT&T's problem from the
story. Wrong again.

Bob

The first line of the article still reads "HD Moore has been owned."
which
is false. My reply to you was more to point out that the article is crap
and that PCWorld is *beginning* to fix some of the mistakes. Short of a
re-write, I doubt they will care beyond that limited correction, but it
does show they screwed up at least.