funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sweet Irony: Metasploit Creator a Victim of His OwnCreat ion

From: "Steve Manzuik" <smanzuik () juniper net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 17:17:37 -0400

The entire article is massively misleading and silly -- even with the
rewrites.  Has it even been confirmed that Metasploit was used in this
attack?

"That's hacker talk, meaning that Moore, the creator of the popular
Metasploit hacking toolkit has become the victim of a computer attack."

Victim insinuates that there was some loss or damages suffered.  AFAIK
that is not the case.

"One of BreakingPoint's servers was forwarding DNS (Domain Name System)
traffic to the AT&T server, so when it was compromised, so was HD
Moore's company."

Compromised insinuates that Breakingpoint systems were breached in some
way.  Again, not the case.