funsec mailing list archives

Re: Help crack the Russian hacker mystery

From: "Viktor Larionov" <viktor.larionov () salva ee>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 00:48:38 +0300

Hey Martin,
Well it's not only about Medvedev, it's an old stereotype of imagining
Russia as a bear playing balalaika with one paw, and eating red caviar with
the other :D
The more hillarious for me, ethnic russian, was to see that picture ;D

Sorry for offtop, all this makes me remember a story told me by an old
friend of mine who is jr. manager for an oil company for the last couple of
years: once he had a couple of german partners, visiting their office, and
his boss a couple of weeks before gave him orders to arrange those guys to
see their oil platforms, somewhere near Orenburg.
Well during the lunch brake, those guys asked him if it was true that bears
wonder the streets in Orenburg - they guy thought that it's their sence of
humour, and in order not to offence them, said: "Yeah, for sure, they
sometimes play balalaika and ear caviar when they'r hungry". Partners
laughed and continued the lunch. You may imagine the look on the guy's face,
when a couple of hours later, his boss calls him up, and tells to cancel the
Orenburg flight, because those partners suddenly were getting in a hurry.

First we laughed about it, but after, well....you can't be serious, theese
were highly educated, fine middle-level managers...we'll the guy still hopes
that they were really getting in a hurry and not belivieng his fairytales.
Well we both certainly hope so :)

regards,
vik