funsec mailing list archives

Re: [phishing] facebook worms and id theft [was: Re: [botnets] XP update phish/malware]

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 01:30:48 +0300 (EEST)

A good summary has been released at
http://www.insidefacebook.com/2008/08/26/update-facebook-security-fighting-koobface-worm-chain-letters/

Juha-Matti

Juha-Matti Laurio [juha-matti.laurio () netti fi] kirjoitti:
Sharing to funsec too (the first Koobface threat was covered here with several messages):

What I have seen this week is the existence of new Koobface variants (20+ now) and it appears that Facebook doesn't
block these yet,
they managed to block the first wave, see
http://linuxbox.org/pipermail/funsec/2008-August/018006.html

But they are working on it:
http://www.redherring.com/Home/24756

Juha-Matti

Gadi Evron [ge () linuxbox org] kirjoitti:
Interesting,
  Do you or anyone else know more about the account theft that has been
going on with FaceBook. I ask because my kid sister was using it for a
while and she kept on asking why her password was changed. Shortly there
after her friends had the same issue and they had random wall posts
going up. Ideas?  I'm just curious.

Malware spreading via walls and messages. Click on it and you get your
credentials stolen and spam your friends.

Facebook.*
---clip---