funsec mailing list archives

Terrorism cell data stick missing

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:59:09 +0300 (EEST)

"A police force said it was investigating the loss of a computer memory stick.

West Midlands Police said it could not comment on the contents of the device, but local media reports suggested it held
"top-secret information on terror suspects".

A force spokeswoman said: "We can confirm West Midlands Police is investigating the loss of a data memory stick.

"We are conducting searches in an attempt to recover the lost item.

"We will not comment in relation to the contents of that memory stick."

The Birmingham Mail on Monday reported that the black 4GB stick was lost after being taken out of a police station in
Castle Vale, Birmingham, by an officer on patrol last week."
--clip--

More at
http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5h-jRywL6QWgHoTWqH-v9TK-Sv1Ug

Uhhh.