funsec mailing list archives

Re: YASAFP

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:53:15 -0800

Date sent:              Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:54:33 -0800
From:                   "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>

I know I'm replying to myself, but do all the bank robberies EVER, total
$700B?

Interesting question.  I don't know how many bank robberies there are per day, but
I do know that the average take is roughly $4K.  Since banks, as we know them,
don't go back more than two centuries, and have really only been in extensive use
in the last century, we'd have to have about 20,000 bank robberies per day in order
to get to the $700B figure.  Seems unlikely ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
 If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/