funsec mailing list archives

Re: ChamsCity: World's Largest Cyber Centre is in Lagos Nigeria

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 23:56:40 -0500

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:10:07 PST, "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" said:
Given my experience trying to get, and use, net access from Lagos, this story has
me a bit bemused.  I wonder where it is going to be located?  I wonder what they
are going to do about (the fairly regular) power outages?

At some point, things get big enough and important enough that putting a diesel
genset out back starts making sense.

When it's a measurable percentage of your entire economy's influx of foreign
currency, you *certainly* want a genset.