funsec mailing list archives

Re: One billionth mouse...

From: "David Lodge" <dave () cirt net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 14:39:58 -0000

On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:35:00 -0000, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:
My favourite is the MS optical. Best product MS ever made.

I'm with Dr Solly here...

The Mighty Mouse seems more like a toy than a work mouse, and having seen
it in real life, it doesn't seem like it's up to gaming (not enough
buttons: you need 5 buttons and a scrolling capability). Plus, it's made
by Apple, which makes me against it by default :-)

The MX revolution and the Sidewinder are inherantly biased towards
handedness, which doesn't suit me as I'm neither handed and occasionally
get pains due to RSI, which means I need to swap mouse hand.

The mouse I prefer, the MS Intellimouse Optical:
http://farn.s22.xrea.com/weblog/archives/IntelliMouseOptical.jpg (image
found through google images). Ambidextrous and multi buttoned and large
enough to actually use all five fingers on it without a big squeeze.

dave