funsec mailing list archives

Re: Schneier says it: Mumbai terrorists used Google Earth, boats, food

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:47:16 -0800

Date sent:              Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:46:53 +0200 (EET)
From:                   Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>

"Of course the terrorists used Google Earth. They also used boats, and ate at
restaurants." etc.

While we're at it, we should also ban written language, since that allows them to
use not only email, but also letters and handwritten notes.  It would be safer to
force everyone to use word-of-mouth, which has a higher chance of being
overheard.

In fact, lets just ban language altogether, since that would be a very effect way of
preventing people from plotting together.  It's much easier to detect something if
the conspirators have to travel in packs, pointing and grunting.  (Although it
might be difficult to profile group activities: it'd be hard to tell the difference
between a group intent on attacking your fortress with their bare hands, and one
just out trying to find a sufficient quantity of beer for the night ...)

(Oh, sorry, did the terrorists drink beer, too?  Well, I suppose you *might* be able
to distinguish between Islamic and Irish terrorists ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Prince Edward: You're not singing.
Giselle: Oh.  Oh, no I'm not.  Well, I was just thinking.
Prince Edward: [perplexed] Think-ing...?                 - Enchanted
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/