funsec mailing list archives

Re: New bill aims to force cell camera sounds, protect children

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:17:37 +0200 (EET)

Mostly phones we use in Finland do this and it has been a standard many years.

Juha-Matti

Peter Evans [peter () ixp jp] kirjoitti:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 04:17:06PM +0200, Juha-Matti Laurio wrote:
"The Camera Phone Predator Alert Act (H.R. 414) is the real deal.

      sounds like an anagram of CRAP. Japanese phones already do this by the way.
      However, my regular little camera you can turn the annoying faux-shutter sound
      off.

      How the hell does this "protect children" though?