funsec mailing list archives

facebook fights spam

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 00:21:38 -0500 (CDT)

http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=58219622130

We hate spam just as much as you do, and we're always working to stop it.
Last week, we won a ruling in this ongoing fight. A court in San Jose,
California issued a temporary restraining order against three
spammersSanford Wallace, Adam Arzoomanian and Scott Shaw. They broke the
law by sending unwanted messages and wall posts to people on Facebook,
which in the United States violates the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, the
California Anti-Phishing Act and the Controlling the Assault of
Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM). Now, any contact
these spammers have with you or anyone on Facebook could land them in
jail.