funsec mailing list archives

Re: thoughts

From: "Alex Lanstein" <alanstein () FireEye com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:45:05 -0700

(Whoops, didn't reply-all last time)

No one knows, hence the mystery.  My personal thoughts are that nothing
will happen on the 1st - I think they're a victim of their own success.
 Too many eyes watching!

You don't have this problem with some of the smaller botnets (not that
Conficker is a botnet....yet) even though they're responsible for much
more active "evil" in the world, and heck, are much easier to detect.

Alex

RandallM wrote:
anyone comment on this and your thoughts or knowledge on what can be
done or what we can expect to be done? April 1rst hype or does anyone
REALLY know?

http://www.securityfocus.com/brief/936

--
Regards,