funsec mailing list archives

Re: on PCI or if you are into that sort of thing...

From: Anton Chuvakin <anton () chuvakin org>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:38:18 -0700

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Ahmad Elkhatib <khatib () umich edu> wrote:

And what would the findings of this hearing have on PCI ?

It actually just ended; I will post my (subjective, vendor-biased,
pick-your-own-description-here, etc) summary later today, but the gist is
that it ended in a bit of a fight between NRF and PCI Co. But, for fairness,
I have to add that the hearing would have made some of the funsec members
happy as the words "security theater" have been indeed uttered by one
Representative....

--
   Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D
  http://www.chuvakin.org