funsec mailing list archives

Re: Off Topic: Great NPR foo..

From: David M Chess <chess () us ibm com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:36:37 -0400

I've always found Prairie Home Companion utterly strange.   Maybe it's
just Keeler's too-deadpan delivery or something, but I can never decide
whether it's celebrating non-coastal / folksy culture (as it it sort of
seems to be with many of the musical acts) or making snarky fun of it (as
it seems to be doing most of the rest of the time).  And Guy Noir and
related segments are equally baffling: all of the framing and mechanics
that normally accompany humor,but without anything at all humorous inside.
 Very odd!

But I like some of the music.

And some of the memes.  :)

Rhubarb Pie!