funsec mailing list archives

Re: So ze Q-bomb wuz a dud? :)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:46:48 -0400

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 05:27:59 EDT, Kevin McAleavey said:
 I haven't seen much of anything and I'm in my 13th hour of sitting here,
waiting for what Marvin the Martian once said, "Where's the Kaboom? There was
supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!"

As I said - oh-dark-thirty sometime in the future.  A metric shitload of the
20M compromised systems will probably get patched due to the hysteria. Say 75%.

Two weeks from now, the perpetrator will know they have the remaining 5M
boxes to use free-and-clear because the owners and ISPs are oblivious.