funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft announce most secure OS on the planet

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 22:08:35 -0400

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:44:35 EDT, Larry Seltzer said:
If they could even GET on the Internet.  (Did/Do they have a TCP
Stack?  I don't think they did...  But I could be wrong...)

There were 3rd party stacks and eventually Microsoft came out with one
(although I think it shimmed off of Netbeui?)

I'm pretty sure the Clarkson Packet Drivers and KA9Q worked on DOS boxes.

As Russ Nelson said: http://russnelson.com/bio.html

But I think his timing is off - clarkson.edu went live with a 56K Milnet
link in 1986, not 1988.