funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian Television

From: Tyler Reguly <ht () computerdefense org>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:06:09 -0400

An overwhelming number of American celebrities (regardless of
comedians, actors, musicians, etc) are Canadian :)

Actually there are quite a few good Canadian series, you just need to
look closely

Right now, as was mentioned you have Flashpoint, which is awesome.
There's also The Listener, which only a few episodes in is looking
quite good.

Being Erica was canceled before it's time, as was Blood Ties

If you're looking for good Sci-Fi, how about Andromeda, ReGenesis, Psi
Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal, or Earth: Final Conflict?

The Border had a great first season. Murdoch Mysteries also had a
decent first season, it appears to still be airing but I can't say I
watch it anymore.

For the teens (of the last 3 decades roughly) how about Degrassi and
it's offshoots? Even Kevin Smith is a huge fan.

For the kids you've got Mr. Dressup, The Littlest Hobo, Fraggle Rock,
Reboot, Ready or Not and Beetlejuice (cartoon)

La Femme Nikita was another good TV series.

Last but not least my favourite show growing up -- The Odyssey

There you have it.. Canadian Television == Great Television :)