funsec mailing list archives

Re: Remote support for Iranian protestors making it harder them to reach the outside world?

From: robert_mcmillan () idg com
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:35:41 -0700

Anyone have an idea what connectivity to/from Iran consists of?
Think all the page-reload DDOS stuff could disrupt outbound access
from the protesters?

Hey I'm just a reporter, but the consensus amongst the informed people I've
spoken with is

a) yes it could disrupt outbound access, which appears to be throttled back
already

and

b) DOSing people is a dumb way of arguing for democracy/free speech/etc...