funsec mailing list archives

Re: weirdo warning

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:04:17 -0800

Date sent:              Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:08:31 -0500
From:                   rackow () mcs anl gov

Oh the fun of problem users.

I think it was Randy Cassingham, on one of his lists, who instituted (in fun) an
"unsub fee."  He would reply to any request to get the subscriber off the list with a
standard message saying that he would be delighted to unsubscribe the user, but
would be charging their credit card (which he never asked for) an unsub fee (of $25
I think).

The message also contained instructions for unsubscribing yourself, but
some^Wlots of people never got that far ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
                 As I said before, I never repeat myself
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm
http://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/