funsec mailing list archives

Re: global warming is b/s? nice hatchet job

From: Steve Pirk <orion () pirk com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:06:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009, Alex Eckelberry wrote:
The problem is on both sides, however.  Many people who believe in
global climate change also don't understand even the basics of the
science, but take it up because it's in line with the political beliefs.

Your point about ice breakups is a good one.  This is feedback in
action, something which no model can predict -- and it's the scariest
part of the problem.

Nasa studies said that the max co2 the environment and inhabitants of
the earth we adapted to was something like 350 ppm(billion?) co2.
Problem is, we are already at like 385. bummer.

Why do scenes from "The Day After Tomorrow" keep popping into my head?
--
steve