funsec mailing list archives

Re: global warming is b/s? nice hatchet job

From: "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:36:30 -0700

Ah yes, if you can't discuss the facts, mock your interlocutor.

The earth is warming, that's a fact. Man's effect might be to warm it
through greenhouse gasses, or cool it through soot and particulate
emissions. It's most likely to warm it. Why is that necessarily such a
bad thing?

BTW: I'm old enough to remember the "Club of Rome" nuttiness in the
'70s. I'm just skeptical when we're told the Sky Is Falling, and that we
must therefore give the people who are telling this control over every
aspect of our lives.

The use of science as a justification for statism does not have a pretty
history.