funsec mailing list archives

Re: Progress is inevitable

From: Paul M Moriarty <pmm () igtc com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:03:14 -0700

On Aug 19, 2009, at 1:58 PM, Tara Kelly wrote:

Saqib, I Think you did a pretty good job of explaining it actually.

HPH is a data privacy pattern, generally implemented via Ajax. Various info here: http://google.com/search?q=host-proof+hosting

Passpack is based on HPH. We've also introduced some variations on the theme, but they all have in common the fact that the data reaches the server pre-encrypted, and without the keys. In the list of results Google returns there's also a GPL/Mit library you can play with if you're interested. We use HPH for passwords, but I imagine there are plenty of other apps that could benefit from handling at least some portion of their data this way.

Let me know if you have more questions. Happy to answer if I can.

Cheers,
Tara

Thanks for that!

Passpack looks quite interesting.  I might just ditch KeePassX