funsec mailing list archives

Signs of the (end) times ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:16:21 -0800

Rev. 6:6, OCD [1]

"Then it was as if I heard a voice saying: And they shalt go into the storehouses,
and look there for the snack foods made from corn [2] which the hands of men
have made into hollow cones or cornets [3].  And they shall go unto the Save-On,
and unto the Shoppers Drug Mart, and unto the Safeway, and even unto the
Zellers, which is the store of last resort when old stock is being cleared out.  And
they shall find them not.  And, having no proper snack foods for the parties of
the new year, the new year shall come not, and thus shall be the end of times."

[1] Old Canadian Deviant translation, as opposed to the New American Standard

[2] Some ancient manuscripts add: "And this is not that barelycorn which was
known even in Ur of the Chaldees, but that which came from the land newly found
by him who gave his name unto a seventies TV detective show, but of whom we
may not, at this time, speak"

[3] Scholars debate the meaning of this word.  Most believe that it is simply a
reference to "little objects made from corn."  However, some feel that it is similar
to the word for "trumpets," or, possibly "bugles."

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
So, just to circle back, if we roll out a zero-tolerance approach
to cliches and empty buzzwords, we can take our dialogue to the
next level. At the end of the day, this new paradigm would
benefit all stakeholders and make business communication more
user-friendly. So, could I get buy-in for you to make this one of
your action items? Please ramp up a new best practice and make it
mission critical to rightsize your use of stale terminology.
Thanks in advance for your help.     - Mark Sutcliffe, Sun, 20060905
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade