funsec mailing list archives

Re: The history of AV and its founders

From: "Les Bell" <lesbell () lesbell com au>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 12:01:11 +1100

"Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:

From the perspective of one who has been around for a long time, that piece
is ...
really weird ...
<<

Somewhat revisionist, I thought, in the case of certain companies. I'm
guessing I'm not the only one here who filed McAfee's book, "Computer
Viruses, Worms, Data Diddlers, Killer Programs, and Other Threats to Your
System: What They Are, How They Work, and How to Defend Your PC or
Mainframe" in the "Humour" section of their libraries. . . ?

Best,

--- Les Bell
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]
Tel: +61 2 9451 1144