funsec mailing list archives

Re: The history of AV and its founders

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 21:47:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009, security curmudgeon wrote:

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009, Drsolly wrote:

: > : I tried putting some of the correct information in, such as the founding
: > : date, and it was changed back to the wrong information.
: > :
: > : Which, I know, sounds just like Wikipedia. :o)
: >
: > Why not post it here, so your information is in another place? Let funsec
: > judge the information, both (?) sides.
:
: Great, another democracy deciding what's true.

When you have several untrusted sources of information, what else can you
do except consider all sides and judge for yourself?

You can look at who is likely to actually know what happened, as distinct
from people who arrived 20 years later and made guesses.