funsec mailing list archives

Lousiana Justice Tries to Retroactively Deny Marriage Certificate to Balloon Boy's Parents

From: chris () blask org
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 18:50:10 -0700 (PDT)

..True Story...

Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do
not last long, and notes that the mother of the boy who was believed lost in a balloon accident looks a little bit
Asian to him.

"The dad is a plain old white guy," Bardwell said.  "Not latin-white, or even Italian, more like British-white - maybe
with a bit of Kraut.  None of those southern European countries like Greece (not really sure you'd call them 'white',
anyway), and he doesn't really have the lilly-white you find in Scandinavia either, so I'd place his breed more
mid-latitude.  Could be some Welsh in him, he's got the hair for it."  Bardwell said that he'd only marry Balloon-boy's
dad to another mid-European, "but I'd marry the mom to any slant-eyed guy, they're pretty well all the same over there.
 Bless their hearts.

"I don't do interracial marriages because I don't want to put children in a situation they didn't bring on themselves,"
Bardwell said. "In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer."

Justice Bardwell claimed that he isn't a racist.  "I have an Asian friend in town - Chinese or something.   And I ate
sushi a couple months ago and really liked it."

http://www.motleymoose.com/diary/1975/lousiana-justice-tries-to-retroactively-deny-marriage-certificate-to-balloon-boys-parents