funsec mailing list archives

Re: House staffer accidentally leaks ethics document using home P2P software

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:07:43 -0800

Date sent:              Fri, 30 Oct 2009 07:28:57 -0400
From:                   Larry Seltzer <larry () larryseltzer com>

"...the use
of peer-to-peer file sharing software on the personal computer of a
junior staffer, who is no longer employed by the committee, while
working from home."

Well, yes this seems to be accidental.  David will know why my thoughts
immediately went to the case of an author who deliberately and knowingly turned
in a plagiarised book chapter ... on ethics ...

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
When a subject becomes totally obsolete we make it a required
course.                                              - Peter Drucker
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/NoticeBored http://twitter.com/rslade